The number of glasses you can get from a bottle of wine depends on the size of the bottle and the amount of wine it contains.
Standard wine bottles usually contain 75 cl of wine.
So, when asked how many glasses in a bottle of wine and if 12.5cl glasses are served, the answer is usually 6 glasses of wine.
However, it is important to note that this can vary depending on the size and shape of the bottle, as well as the amount of wine you wish to serve in each glass.
It is also important to remember that recommended portions of wine vary between countries and cultures.
In general, the recommended serving sizes are between 10 and 15 cl per glass, but this can vary depending on individual preferences and the occasion. It is always advisable to follow the drinking regulations in your country and to drink in moderation.
How many glasses depends on the bottle size?
There are a variety of different wine bottle sizes, each with its own specific characteristics and uses.
Here are some of the most common sizes:
- Standard bottle (Bordeaux): The standard 75 cl bottle is the most common and is often used for red and white wines.
- Burgundy bottle: This 75 cl bottle is slightly larger than the standard bottle and is often used for red and white Burgundy wines.
- Champagne bottle: The Champagne bottle is larger than the standard bottle and can contain between 75 cl and 1.5 litres of wine. It is often used for sparkling wines, such as Champagne.
- Magnum: This 1.5 litre size is double the size of a standard bottle and is often used for large events and celebrations.
- Jeroboam: This 3 litre size is quadruple the size of a standard bottle and is often used for special occasions and celebrations. It is also known as a double Magnum.
- Rehoboam: This 4.5 litre size is six times larger than a standard bottle and is often used for special occasions and celebrations.
There are also other bottle sizes, such as Port bottles and Madeira bottles, which are often used for specific types of wine. It is important to note that the size of the bottle can affect the price of the wine, as the larger the bottle, the higher the production cost.
How many glasses should I serve per person?
The amount of wine you should plan for per person depends on several factors, such as the occasion, the type of wine, the number of glasses you wish to serve per person and the length of the reception. Here are some general guidelines to help determine the amount of wine needed:
For a dinner or evening event: Allow approximately one glass of wine per person per hour. For example, for a 2-hour dinner, plan on about 2 glasses of wine per person.
For a longer reception: Count on about 1.5 to 2 glasses of wine per person per hour.
For an aperitif reception: Count on about 1 glass of wine per person for the entire duration of the event.
It is important to remember that these guidelines are general estimates and may vary depending on individual preferences and drinking habits. It is always better to have a little more wine than you need rather than too little, as it is more difficult to find wine along the way.
How many glasses should you drink: one, but a good one!
The wine preservation systems that have been flourishing over the past decade have contributed to a change in mentality about the way we consume alcohol, and wine in particular.
Today, one can enjoy a single glass of wine while leaving the rest of the bottle protected … this is what Wikeeps offers with its professional serving and preservation system which has seduced more than 10,000 customers worldwide in 10 years…